• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

molestion from a teacher

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roxy152

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was sexually abused (not raped) by a 50 year-old man for three years, when I was 14-17. I'm now an adult. It was a long time before I was able to tell my parents what happened. I also told other adults, including the school counselor at my high school- the guy is a teacher. No one did anything. My parents talked me out of pressing charges and say they will not help me. They said if I take this guy to court they'll "tear me to pieces." It is almost impossible for me to talk about it. Is there anything I can do?

CdwJava

Contact law enforcement immediately. Whether they can do anything or not will depend on what proof they can find after all this time ... how long ago did this happen?

I would also recommend counseling and consulting an attorney for a possible civil suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">