• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question About Computer Security Breach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAD09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
A computer of my household was breached by hacker(s)- I reported this to the local police, I had made a backup of the entire program. The police asked me to supply them with an independent 3rd party detailed report (At my expense), they took the report which I never was privy to and my computer (Virus check) upon returning it they indicated that they would get the necessary warrants/subpoena's. My question is what will happen to the parties involved?

CdwJava

No one can predict what WILL happen to the parties involved, but if we knew what happened we might be able to venture a guess as to what MIGHT happen.

DAD09

Update...

Sheer wanton vandalism is what occurred from charges to various families credit cards to begin with. Last Wednsday HD and PC were booked into evidence. It is no longer a police matter and has gone to DA. I was told penalties for people convicted include jail, penalties, and loss of electronic privileges.

Antigone*

Sheer wanton vandalism is what occurred from charges to various families credit cards to begin with. Last Wednsday HD and PC were booked into evidence. It is no longer a police matter and has gone to DA. I was told penalties for people convicted include jail, penalties, and loss of electronic privileges.
That is good to hear Dad. I hope you've invested in a firewall or other appropriate computer protection.

DAD09

Thanks yes, I keep very detailed records and logs including attempts on firewall on my shiny new computer

Revenge is a dish best served cold but echoes its ugly head consuming everyone it touches:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">