• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right of Way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmallet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

How do I verify if a right of way still exists for property in St. ****** Parish, Louisiana??

FlyingRon

Go down to the courthouse or where land records are kept and research it. If one was recorded and there's no notation of it being vacated, it still exists. Better yet, go to a title house who will do that research and warrant their work.

I assume you are in St. M a r t i n Parish. The board considers that a naughty word because it is the name of the system administrator. Oddly, there's another Louisiana Parish with St. and her first name that it doesn't blip out.

nextwife

First look through your closing file, if you already own it, and see if the ROW is shown on the title report obtained at purchase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">