• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassing Landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Good afternoon to make a long story short, I moved into a home a couple months ago. To this day, the repairs I was promised would be done, remain unrepaired & I haven't received my lease yet either. My landlord has continued receiving his rent & @ times has harassed me for early rent. He recently told me he'll be giving the house over to a realtor & is making arrangements to have potential buyers look @ the home. My question is can I take my landlord to court for anything? He's been receiving his rent the entire time & to me he's just another greedy slumlord! Thanks in advance.

Banned_Princess

He cannot take you to court for anything,

Ignore him about selling the house, thats fine if he wants to do, but he needs to give notice about showing the place.

Send him certified mail about the repairs that you claim to need.

Don't answer his calls.

Gail in Georgia

It's the OP who wants to take the landlord to court.

For what? For failing to make repairs or for selling the rental unit?

If for failing to make repairs, please specifically outline how you have contacted the landlord regarding these issues (i.e. calls, written documentation, etc.).

Many states do give tenants alternatives should requests for certain repairs not be addressed by the landlord but in order for this to there needs to be documentation that the landlord was notified and given an opportunity to repair these.

In addition, these repairs need to be fairly major, not some minor situations.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">