• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collateral attack

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bensimcha

I was arrested and prosecuted in violation of many basic rights. These include; arrest at home without a warrant, lack of due process, right to counsel, testimony of a mentally incompetent witness, doctored up police reports, supression of Brady material, right to cross examination, and right to a speedy trial (the DA stalled beyond the statutory period). As I am have not yet been sentenced, and am in the process of filing post-trial, can I now collaterally attack the conviction in Federal court?

L

lawrat

I hope you are not defending or appealing this on your own.

Get yourself a criminal defense attorney. Because you have a Constitutional violation, you may have better luck with your appeals.

http://www.attorneypages.com or call your state bar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">