• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring affected by credit reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

squeakyclean

For the last 3 years I was running my own company (Corporation), due to lower than expected sales, I had to close the business and now I am faced with huge business related debts which I personally guaranteed. I am currently interviewing for jobs and am wondering if companies check credit history. Other than the business situation, my credit has always been better than excellent. Should I worry? Any comments from anyone?. I live in Georgia.

D

D. D. Lessenberry

squeakyclean said:
For the last 3 years I was running my own company (Corporation), due to lower than expected sales, I had to close the business and now I am faced with huge business related debts which I personally guaranteed. I am currently interviewing for jobs and am wondering if companies check credit history. Other than the business situation, my credit has always been better than excellent. Should I worry? Any comments from anyone?. I live in Georgia.
Was your business a corporation? In this case, all debts are separate from your personal debts.

Employers in the early '90's were very heavily investigation prospective employees' debts. This could happen to you. Simply answer that your entriprise failed, and you have a plan to repay all debts.

good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">