• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident in Lowndes County Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lashayeburt@gma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Question my 18 y/o daughter rec'd a speeding ticket at the end of August and I paid it thinking it was satisfied did not find out her license was suspended until she was in a minor accident 2 months later. Question is she turned right on a green light and a pedestrian (another college student) went against the light and hit the bumper of her truck. My daughter paused and the pedestrian got up and told her to go on and waved her off, minutes later he called his parents who in turn told him to call 911, he was checked out at the scene but not transported. My daughter was charged with leaving the scene and also failure to yield to pedestrian, No claims were ever presented to my insurance. She has Court next week will the fine be huge? what could happen will her license be suspended longer now?

ecmst12

Can't tell you about her license but the insurance will definitely get a claim eventually. If the pedestrian was in a crosswalk, it doesn't matter if he was crossing against the light, he still had the right of way. If your daughter wants to keep her license, she should hire a lawyer for the ticket.

JustAPal00

Were there any witnesses to the pedestrian telling her to go? Were there any witnesses to the accident? Has she admitted to hitting the pedestrian? As far as the driving while suspended, she will probably get a much longer suspension this time as well as a fine. If she is caught again she may do time.

lashayeburt@gma

Leaving the scene

Thanks we went to first court today and she pled not guilty and Judge suggested to get an Atty as well to help her with this charge, there are witnesses to the accident that saw the gentleman on the bike and told her he was sorry and to go ahead and go. No claims made to date against my insurance, from what we were told the male was checked at the scene and not transported. Talked to 1 Atty today and the charge would be $2500 and he stated he would talk to solicitor since this was her first charge ever. Is it possible they would dismiss the charge? Would the defensive driving course help her? Pllease tell me if she is looking at jail for this? I pray not. How serious is this charge if it is a misdemeanor?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">