• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amiller18

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)
Maryland::(

I represent the Seller in a Real Estate transaction. The Buyer and the Agent on the buy side have been very difficult to say the least. The Buyer is a Lawyer who likes to quote me the the law as it applies to Real Estate. When the offer was presented I noticed that Mr. Lawyer himself wrote a post dated check, so when I called them on it they said that it was too late already and the bank had already cashed it. No proof was given to me yet that in fact the monies are available in escrow. I though that it was illegal to write a VERY POSTDATED Check?
Please help.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Post dating a check is by and large a worthless exercise. Banks will cash it without regard to what the date on it is.

In what capacity do you represent the seller?

Usually a real estate or other trust account holds the deposit moneys?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">