• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied a permit to carry concealed gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

b.coughlin

PENNSYLVANIA
I was denied a permit to carry, the reason was that they claim i lied about my criminal history as a juvenile. Before i applied for the permit i paid for a criminal history from phia.gov, the same they use for these permits, and the report came back saying i had no record which is not true, i know i've been arrested before i just dont remember what for or how many times & i explained this where i applied, i showed them the report that said i had no criminal history & told them to my knowledge my criminal history. I was denied and now i have to go to court and appeal. my question is what can i do to prove i tried to find out my history and did not lie to my knowledge?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

You need to rephrase your question.

It should be "how can I go to court and convince them that I shouldn't have been caught?"

You knew you had been arrested... saying that you don't know for what or even how many times is complete BS.

You really don't have a chance.

b.coughlin

I didn't get caught, I told them that I was once arrested as a juvenile that I know of and maybe more than once but I wasn't sure, I may of just been detained, it was a long time ago and I don't remember exactly what happened. For anyone to say that is B.S. is complete B.S.! I regestered to this fourm for help not to be called a liar! I got my criminal history report to try to jog my memory so I didn't lie! and that's exactly what I told them at the permit place. I was denied because they have access to my history and I do not. Now if anyone who cares enough to give some real help I would greatly appreciate it. THANK YOU!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I didn't get caught, I told them that I was once arrested as a juvenile that I know of and maybe more than once but I wasn't sure, I may of just been detained, it was a long time ago and I don't remember exactly what happened. For anyone to say that is B.S. is complete B.S.! I regestered to this fourm for help not to be called a liar! I got my criminal history report to try to jog my memory so I didn't lie! and that's exactly what I told them at the permit place. I was denied because they have access to my history and I do not. Now if anyone who cares enough to give some real help I would greatly appreciate it. THANK YOU!!
Perhaps you should find a line of work or a hobby that doesn't require you to carry a concealed weapon.

Beyond that, yeah, I'm calling BS on the whole "I forgot" thing too. Heck, I never let my kids get away with it, so they KNOW better than to try to pull it now that they're older.

Just Blue

PENNSYLVANIA
I was denied a permit to carry, the reason was that they claim i lied about my criminal history as a juvenile. Before i applied for the permit i paid for a criminal history from phia.gov, the same they use for these permits, and the report came back saying i had no record which is not true, i know i've been arrested before i just dont remember what for or how many times & i explained this where i applied, i showed them the report that said i had no criminal history & told them to my knowledge my criminal history. I was denied and now i have to go to court and appeal. my question is what can i do to prove i tried to find out my history and did not lie to my knowledge?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Well. Any person that can't "remember" how many times or for what they have been arrested for...Should NOT be given a permit to carry. Seems the system is working. Yay.:)

Perhaps you need to seek the care of a mental health professional so that you may find the cause of your limited memory.

Good luck to you...

:)

Antigone*

Perhaps you should find a line of work or a hobby that doesn't require you to carry a concealed weapon.

Beyond that, yeah, I'm calling BS on the whole "I forgot" thing too. Heck, I never let my kids get away with it, so they KNOW better than to try to pull it now that they're older.
I would certainly not want someone who could "forget" about important details carrying a concealed weapon. They might "forget" where they left it, or even worse, why they pulled the trigger:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">