• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired Unjustly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TinaBob

I became a Fire Inspector at a Fire Department Dec. 18, 2000. Shortly thereafter (Jan 4th) I was involved in an auto accident on my way to work in which I injured my neck and spine. I went to a chiropractor, had an MRI done, a neurosurgeon evaluated me, am still having pain management with many drugs(vicodin,percocet,soma) and am starting physical therapy. I returned to work after my accident for a month, and found I was unable to function because of the pain and unable to drive a fire dept. vehicle. My dr. gave me written 6 weeks off work in which I gave to the Fire department. They put me on FMA and I used my auto insurance to compensate 60% of my lost wages. 3 weeks into my leave my chief called me and said someone had seen me out Karaokeing and that I was no longer needed at the fire department. I informed him..I could still "live my life" sort of according to my doctor, but I needed rest at home for the meds to work and NO DRIVING. To no avail..I Lost my job I had worked so hard to get. Granted, I was on probation for a year, but I had written notice from my physician(a prescription)if you will, to take 6 weeks off..in my file. Can they unjustly fire me like that? Should I persue an attorney??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">