• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Diminished Value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

camhabib

One week ago, driving a <3 month old sports car in CT, I hit a puddle and went 70MPH into a concrete barrier on the side of the highway. The car received heavy damage to the front right. Due to the high cost of the car, the damage was not sufficient to warrant it as a total loss. However, on such a car, the value of the vehicle takes a significant hit due to the accident. What rights do I have to claim diminished value of the car? I am a resident and the car is insured in MA. Thanks.

ecmst12

Because you are at fault for this accident and claiming from your own insurance company, you can only recover diminished value if that coverage is SPECIFICALLY listed on your policy declarations page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">