• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Status of conviction....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sparky6672

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.
I was convicted of battery against my spouse in 2001. I recently checked the countys records and found out 2 things. (1. Case was closed in2004. (2. Shows that file was purged in 2006. Will this still show up on a back ground check for employment? Thank you.

CdwJava

It depends on the depth of the background by the employer.

I am not sure what the term "purged" might mean as there is no legal reason that leaps to mind to say that it was purged. What it might mean is that the record has been archived and is no longer available through whatever site you searched, but might be available with a proper public records' search by an employer.

No one can say what an employer might find. If you want to have some idea, then go out and pay for on-line background checks on yourself from two or three different sites, and also check with the CA Department of Justice and pull a copy of your state criminal offender record to see what it has to say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">