• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the next step?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdkilburn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. My mother in-law was willed a home on land from her boyfrien when he passed away. an attorney did file it with the probate court. And he just dropped the case, this was in 2007. I know I must do this quickly because of the four year thing. I don't know what to do next. there are no debts and or taxes owed by the estate. She would like to put it in her sons name, instead of her own. What do I need to do? please help.

cdkilburn

why it was dropped

there was a vehicle in the estate also. one of the son n laws wrecked it the night of the funeral and the lawyer wanted my mother n law to press charges, but she didn't. she knew he was already going to prison. so she didn't want to put herself thru that process and the attorney told her since she wasn't going to prosecute him, he was not going to do anything else for her. and the ball got dropped right there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">