• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

room mate assult

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kl75

i live in n.c. and my room mate assulted me, i have gotten a restraining order on her but i am still required to pay rent on the apartment we shared, but have also had to find another place to live and subsequently have to pay rent there as well. is there any way i can be removed from the last 2 months on my lease, legally? the environment is a hostile one and i am in fear for my physical health and my property...she 'keyed' my car after she was served with the restraining order, but since no one witnessed it, i can only make another police report, the judge said that the restraining order should effectivly remove me from the lease, because she cannot come within 1500 feet of me, but the complex is not agreeing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">