• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Assoc Evicting Owner's Tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scorpifll

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

My roommate and I signed a lease w/LL. He owns unit in a condo assoc. We filled out background/credit applications paid first, last, and deposit.

Roommate told LL he had a felony out of state that goes back 11 years ago. Non violent crime. All background/credit applications he wrote down he had a felony and explained the situation. LL did not have an issue with that. We asked if the Condo Assoc would have a problem we were told no they just want to know who lives in the Unit.

We signed lease 10/22/09 and I moved in. Roommate moved in week later. He gave the VP of the board a check for mailbox keys. The check by the way the VP wrote it out to himself and deposited the amount into his own personal bank account. A couple of days later he gave my roommate the keys to the mailbox.

On 10/30 we dropped off copy of our application our LL gave us with signed lease and $200 money order. No one was in the Office, so we slid the application underneath the door. Never heard back from the Assoc until 12/04/09 when the President dropped off package at our door stating we did not submit our applications please fill them out and drop off at the 3rd party management office w/$200; which we had already done back on 10/30/09.

We can't find the receipt of the Money Order to see if it was ever cashed in. I wrote a letter to the President stating when and where we had already dropped off the applications to. We resubmitted everything once again. Didn't hear anything from the board until 12/30/09 when roommate received a letter stating that although 2 board members advocated on his behave a 3rd member stated Florida states you have to treat everyone equally we can give him an exception and deny someone else that would be discrimination. They stated they will give him 30 days to find another place and he must be out by 01/31/10.

I haven't received my approval letter.

A) My question is can condo assoc act as an evictor and come knocking on the door on 01/31/10 and kick him out?

B)Has he been discriminated against by Florida Statue Law for him to fight the approval with the Condo Association?

C) What steps should he take to fight this Condo Assoc

Thank you and Happy New Year :)

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

My roommate and I signed a lease w/LL. He owns unit in a condo assoc. We filled out background/credit applications paid first, last, and deposit.

Roommate told LL he had a felony out of state that goes back 11 years ago. Non violent crime. All background/credit applications he wrote down he had a felony and explained the situation. LL did not have an issue with that. We asked if the Condo Assoc would have a problem we were told no they just want to know who lives in the Unit.

We signed lease 10/22/09 and I moved in. Roommate moved in week later. He gave the VP of the board a check for mailbox keys. The check by the way the VP wrote it out to himself and deposited the amount into his own personal bank account. A couple of days later he gave my roommate the keys to the mailbox.

On 10/30 we dropped off copy of our application our LL gave us with signed lease and $200 money order. No one was in the Office, so we slid the application underneath the door. Never heard back from the Assoc until 12/04/09 when the President dropped off package at our door stating we did not submit our applications please fill them out and drop off at the 3rd party management office w/$200; which we had already done back on 10/30/09.

We can't find the receipt of the Money Order to see if it was ever cashed in. I wrote a letter to the President stating when and where we had already dropped off the applications to. We resubmitted everything once again. Didn't hear anything from the board until 12/30/09 when roommate received a letter stating that although 2 board members advocated on his behave a 3rd member stated Florida states you have to treat everyone equally we can give him an exception and deny someone else that would be discrimination. They stated they will give him 30 days to find another place and he must be out by 01/31/10.

I haven't received my approval letter.

A) My question is can condo assoc act as an evictor and come knocking on the door on 01/31/10 and kick him out?

B)Has he been discriminated against by Florida Statue Law for him to fight the approval with the Condo Association?

C) What steps should he take to fight this Condo Assoc

Thank you and Happy New Year :)
**A: there is more to this story. He should talk to an attorney right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">