• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog ticket denver wrong name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sonyanagla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)

Denver, Colorado.

I recently was pulled over and thrown in jail for a 6 year old dog off the leash/failure to vaccinate ticket in denver colorado.

My question if anyone knows...The ticket was issued march 03 to me: anne jackson when my legal name at the time was: anne rogers. I did in fact marry my boyfriend in july 03 and my name changed to jackson.

I did not own the dog and was separated from my partner at the time of the ticket was issued. I am assuming he had a "house guest" with a dog who used what she imagined was my name.

my question is: is the ticket valid? I chose to take the case to trial as my only other option was to provide proof of vaccine on a dog that I don't even know exists!

Did the dog catchers in Denver need to ID a person in '03 in order to ensure the person they were ticketing was actually the right person?

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The time to deal with this was about 6 years ago.

ETA: It is entirely plausible that you gave your name as Anne Jackson when the ticket was issued, hoping to slide by on the technicality. I'm just sayin'...

dave33

Anne, I would not count on the ticket mishap to walk away from this. Most likely, because the integrity of the case is un changed, it is unlikely a judge will dismiss on that basis alone. Although, the good news is that I have never been in the area so my perception of the situation maybe 180 degrees off. goodluck.

sonyanagla

The time to deal with this was about 6 years ago.

ETA: It is entirely plausible that you gave your name as Anne Jackson when the ticket was issued, hoping to slide by on the technicality. I'm just sayin'...
True- but I wouldn't have used a name that I anticipated would be mine in the future! thanks tho...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">