• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UNJUST DEMOTION

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GOTSCRUD

Recently my boss was "forced to resign", and my employer has been systematically elminating all of the employees he hired to leave the company. From the beginning I was promised things that never came to be regarding my position which was a salaried individual managing an office. I had never been given the proper training by anyone regarding certain aspects of my job, yet I was being ostricized for not performing to company standards. Now my employer has informed me they are "eliminating my current position", transferrring me to an office further away from my home, demopting me out of management, and lowering my salary sinificantly to a non exempt employee status. Now since I livbe in the state of PA, would this be recognized as "construtive termination"? My employer does have a severance package outlined in ots policy book, stating that upon six months of work, which I have, if a manager is termineted they receive 12 weeks severance, it increases as you go up the ladder and decreases as oyu go down, by demoting me, my employer has decreased my severance, and changed my job title, ssaving themselevs money in the long run should I be terminated. They have also placed me in a corner, what are my rights? They are known to do this type of thing so not to pay severances to employees, and were careful to state that they were not terminating me but elminating my position effective same day. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">