• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To abrogate or not to abrogate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NRLewis

My husband and I bought a house in Michigan when we were stationed in Washington. We contacted a real estate agent that was selling a house we liked. He told me that he was a duel agent and he would represent us both. The house went through inspections and everything seemed ok and what needed to be fixed, the agent said was fixed. We closed on April 15, 2009 and moved in on June 15. When we got to our home, some things were not fixed, but they were small and we thought we could do them. As time went on, things began to happen and stack up. In November, 2009, we recieved a letter that we technically bought 27.5 acres, not 7.5 that we, the seller and agent thought and signed a warranty deed for. The seller nor the agent got approval to split a parcel and they did not get a survey, as we were told by the agent. Now they want us to sign a Quit Claim Deed to give the 20 acres back. We don't want to be pains, but they went around the rules to make the sell and make money. Whether the seller didn't know about getting permission, I would think that the agent would have known. Now even more things have happened; sewer is backing up although we were told it was emptied, roof needs to be replaced, we had to replace the garage door, tracks, and opener, bring the porch up to code, and there was about 3 inched of water under our house from rain after the agent said that it gets "damp" in the crawl space. I feel, in contrary to what my husband wants to do, that we should abrogate the sell and get out of it. We were lied to many times my the agent that claimed he would represent us. I think we have 2 years to abrogate a sell and to show fraud or neglegence. My husband and I feel that we cannot trust anything that the agent told us or supposedly did for us, ie inspections, best price, repairs, disclosures. If he was incompatent on the rules of selling, what else does he have no idea about. Like I said, I want out. What to do you think?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">