• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

falsely accused of battery on a mother and daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janis1968

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana,
Basically, I have court in Feb...trial actually. I don't feel like my attorney is spending the time it takes to prepare for the jury trial. Do I need character witnesses? Basically my friend and I were drinking at a concert and a mother and daughter told is we couldnt sit next to them on the lawn. we sat anyways and the daughter attacked my friend for "stepping" on her blanket. Then the mom attacked me because I threatened to call security. We were arrested bc we were drinking, but DID NOT DO IT! We have no witnesses. They have three and only one of which is third party. None of their stories match. For example, all of the witnesses say I hit the daughter and my friend hit the mother.....whereas both victims say I hit the mother and my friend hit the daughter. PLEASE help! Do I stand a chance? Do I need another attorney. How do I get the jury to get over the fact that I had 3 beers at a concert and realize these people were just pissed we sat in their spots!

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana,
Basically, I have court in Feb...trial actually. I don't feel like my attorney is spending the time it takes to prepare for the jury trial. Do I need character witnesses? Basically my friend and I were drinking at a concert and a mother and daughter told is we couldnt sit next to them on the lawn. we sat anyways and the daughter attacked my friend for "stepping" on her blanket. Then the mom attacked me because I threatened to call security. We were arrested bc we were drinking, but DID NOT DO IT! We have no witnesses. They have three and only one of which is third party. None of their stories match. For example, all of the witnesses say I hit the daughter and my friend hit the mother.....whereas both victims say I hit the mother and my friend hit the daughter. PLEASE help! Do I stand a chance? Do I need another attorney. How do I get the jury to get over the fact that I had 3 beers at a concert and realize these people were just pissed we sat in their spots!
Did you actually lay a hand on anybody?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">