• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Asso.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goldensrock

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA
We have a homeowner who has not been able to keep up with road association dues or road maint. costs. We want to know where to begin to protect ourselves incase this owner gifts this property to a relitive. I know that if they try to sell, it will not have clear title. We don't want to continue to cover this lot's costs but we want to be kind about it if we can.
Treasurer
Vicki

FlyingRon

Well if they give it away (or sell it with the lien in place to someone stupid enough to take it subject to that), you'll have to start again trying to collect from them. Frankly, foreclosure isn't a bad idea even if it wipes out your lien. Hopefully the buyer (if financing is involved, probably the bank), will start paying the fees.

goldensrock

homeowners asso.

Thanks FlyingRon,

We haven't filed a lean but the Title Co. always checks to see if there is any fees outstanding. If we don't do something I'm sure we will have to deal with whom ever they will it to (they are elderly with a lot of extended family living there). We are talking thousands of back dues. I know large developments have lawers. We have 8 parcels and connect to another 11. More info than you probably wanted. Thanks again.

Hope you had a nice stay at the Holiday Inn. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">