• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At fault accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused81

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I was involved in a auto accident. I was pulling onto a street and there was alot of cars parked on my left so I could not see if there was on coming traffic so I edged out and hit a lady in her rear passenger door. I'm aware that I'm at fault. We both pulled over and called the police she had her little girl in the car but thank god the little girl was sitting on the opposite side of impact. I ran right to them and asked if they were both okay. She replied we are ok just shaking up I asked her two more times if she and her daughter were ok each time same response we are fine no injuries. Now the police officer shows up and asked what happen we tell her both our side of the story and she ask if anybody was injured. to which we all replied no no injuries. once the officer was finsihed she left then the lady I hit left and I stayed to call my wife to tell her what happened. I'm not on my wifes insurance so I don't know whats gonna happen with that. But my question is this the lady is now claiming injury and also is saying that she took a ambulance from the scene of the accident which I know is not true at all since I watched her drive away and stayed there for a good 10 mins after. What do I do now I do not want her to get away with this I just don't know how to prove it ? Please help

ecmst12

She may have gone to the ER later. She may have had no injury at the scene but discovered it later - this is perfectly normal, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for injuries to become apparent. She won't be able to claim she was transported from the scene if she was not, that much will be apparent from the bills. But you have NO reason to think the injuries are not real.

confused81

Thank you for your reply ecmst12. I'm definatley not saying she does not have any injuries since that happened to me when I was rear ended by a drunk driver a few years ago. My beef with her story is she is telling her insurance company and my wifes that she took a ambulance from the scene. I watched her drive away she actually waved at me when she was leaving probally because I was very pleasant to her and her little girl. Also she called her boyfriend while on scene and she was standing right next to me and I could hear him talking. I heard him say don't worry about it were gonna get some cash from this. Of course I can't prove this my word against hers but I'm a very honest person and have been in the millitary for awhile now I hate when people try to take advantage of others. I don't want this to come down to them suing me I'm a Pvt and don't make much at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">