• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fl HOA restricting gate code access

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BHawkins2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Can a Florida HOA cancel my gate code for the community if I am behind on my dues? I realize they can keep me out of the club house and pool area, even the little workout room. But can they cancel my gate code? I still have my garage door opener that will open the gate, but other family members can not enter now. I contacted the HOA and was told that it is a privilege to have access to common areas.

Thank You

Brad

DAD09

Ingress/Egress

Review your CC and R's behind on your HOA dues is one thing (they may be able to start foreclosure proceedings/and or a lien on your parcel) however if the gate code is is restricting your only way/primary means of ingress/egress to your parcel/SP -then the property management company is doing something VERY ILLEGAL. CALL THE BOARD WHOM EMPLOYS THE MGMT CO. Then call the police (whom will give you access and document the incident) and pay your dues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">