• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Impounded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

princesslilly2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I recently had to take my 2 children and leave my husband for drugs and violence. His parents had our car in there name and signed the title over to me months ago when we were still together. I just transfered the title to my name a couple days ago. My husband has so job no car insurance and its not registured. And he dosen't even have the kids. I told him I was putting the title in my name and that day he went out and got the car impounded. I could pay the impound fees but then i wont have enough money for insurance, registration or to get it towed to my house. He had no premission to drive that car and the police said I cant report it stolen because i know its in an impound lot. What do I do? There are going to keep charging me by the day until I pay to get the car out. Please if someone has advice I dont know what to do. Im doing the best I can for my kids but now this big set back is killing me!:(

ecmst12

Get insurance, register it, pay the impound fee, and then DRIVE it out of the lot. No need for another tow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">