• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit claim deed for a timeshare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kenneth51

I live in Ca. I own a timeshare in Belize that I no longer want. The ownership company is in Canada. Can I go to my local courthouse and file a quit claim deed there or does it have to be done in Canada? I owe nothing on the note but my membership and anual assessment fees are due Jan. 31 I would appreciate any and all help with this matter

Thanks, Ken

JETX

You will have to file your 'quit claim' (change of ownership) in whatever location that records the property ownership. As already advised, that is LIKELY Belize.

Another person must accept the deed before there is a transfer. When you say you don't want the property, I suspect you don't want the fees related to the property. Even if you could get rid of the property, it would not necessarily mean you would get out of responsibility for the fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">