• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage thieves

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgoff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Two underage boys took my car on a joyride and totaled it. They are saying they had my 17 yr old sons permission. He says no...but there are two of them and one of him. Does it even matter since he is only 17 and they didn't have my permission?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Two underage boys took my car on a joyride and totaled it. They are saying they had my 17 yr old sons permission. He says no...but there are two of them and one of him. Does it even matter since he is only 17 and they didn't have my permission?
Oh my, I'd venture to say that mom/dad may have rose-colored glasses on. What did your insurance say when you called them? Was your son in the car with them? How did they get your keys?

csi7

Was the vehicle locked? Were the keys secured? Where is the original location of the vehicle and keys?

The fact of the matter is that two people are known to have taken the vehicle joy-riding, without permission to use the vehicle. Their use of the vehicle damaged the vehicle. They are responsible for their actions. They can be prosecuted for their actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">