• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd Offense While Out on Bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wyogirl90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wyoming

K, full story:
In November my friend was arrested for stealing a motorcycle and at the initial appearance the judge listed the charges as felony larceny and a second felony that sounded something like accepting, concealing, disposing of stolen goods. In the court of the initial appearance they wouldn't let him plead guilty or not because the crimes were felonies so they released him on signature bond and scheduled an appearance at district court. Then, before that his PD cancelled that appearance (I'm assuming he talked to the County Attorney and or Judge first). Then for a month and a half nothing was happening. On January 7th he was supposed to meet with his PD for news. On January 5th he was arrested again for stealing a Wii. At his initial appearance for that the judge waived the $25,000 penalty for violating bond but set his bail at $25,000 (my county does not do %10 of bond so he's stuck in there until trial). When I spoke to him last he told me that his PD said he'll probably be serving 7 months in county jail.
Is his PD right? There had been talk leading up to the second arrest that the felony charges from the first arrested would be reduced to misdemeanor possession of stolen goods.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">