• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will we lose my mother's house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Washwo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington
My mother is 87 and in good health. BUT lately I notice she's declining. She owns a house that is willed to me. I am counting on this for my retirement since I'm very low income and have a child in college and a husband who is also low income. How can we keep from losing her house if she needs medicaid? It is our only asset.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington
My mother is 87 and in good health. BUT lately I notice she's declining. She owns a house that is willed to me. I am counting on this for my retirement since I'm very low income and have a child in college and a husband who is also low income. How can we keep from losing her house if she needs medicaid? It is our only asset.
It's not your house. It's actually pretty low that you count on your MOTHER'S DEATH for your future financial success. Instead get a job/another job. Tell your hubby to get a job/another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">