• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor selling a lot of cars out of his house.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pytanie

Arizona.

I have a neighbor that is selling cars, a lot of them for over a year now. This brings a bunch of unwanted attention to the street that I live on. I know he has no dealer license and the zoning is residential only. Who can I contact to report him?

TigerD

Arizona.

I have a neighbor that is selling cars, a lot of them for over a year now. This brings a bunch of unwanted attention to the street that I live on. I know he has no dealer license and the zoning is residential only. Who can I contact to report him?
Cry about it to your Mom. His yard, his cars -- none of your business.

DC

drewguy

Check with the zoning authorities or code enforcement folks. If you're selling cars as a business in a residential zone that may well be banned. I assume this isn't just putting a "For Sale" sign in the window of his restored 1978 Camaro once, but ongoing.

racer72

Contact your local zoning commision or board. Someone there will take great interest in this. I speak from experience as someone that was on the wrong side of the zoning laws about 20 years ago.

You can also contact the sheriff or DA's office. In many jurisdictions it is illegal - up to even a felony - to sell a car on an "open title". That's when you buy a car from Joe, never transfer it into your name, then sell it to Susie.

Also there's likely a limit on how many cars an individual without appropriate licensing can sell in a year (so they go "open title" to avoid being caught).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">