• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truck was sold by my dad to his boss but i have the title in my name!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luckyz33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ok so i have a 1999 f150 that i wrecked but planned on fixing. Kept it at my parents house and i have the title with me. My father needed to borrow money from his old boss and put my truck down for collateral without consulting me. my father's old boss then took the engine out of my truck without telling my father and put it in one of his trucks. I confronted them both about it my father claims he was just supposed to hold the truck untill he could pay his boss back. well i talked to his boss and he said my dad sold him my truck for 3000. I asked him how that was possible since i have the title. Then he told me he took the engine out and that he would put another engine in it and sell it back to me! can you believe that? what can i do legally?
I already notified the police about it but its a small town and they havent really given me any feedback and are awaiting a written statement from me. Can anybody help me out? do i need to go to a lawyer?

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ok so i have a 1999 f150 that i wrecked but planned on fixing. Kept it at my parents house and i have the title with me. My father needed to borrow money from his old boss and put my truck down for collateral without consulting me. my father's old boss then took the engine out of my truck without telling my father and put it in one of his trucks. I confronted them both about it my father claims he was just supposed to hold the truck untill he could pay his boss back. well i talked to his boss and he said my dad sold him my truck for 3000. I asked him how that was possible since i have the title. Then he told me he took the engine out and that he would put another engine in it and sell it back to me! can you believe that? what can i do legally?
I already notified the police about it but its a small town and they havent really given me any feedback and are awaiting a written statement from me. Can anybody help me out? do i need to go to a lawyer?
You can sue for the return of your property or for the value of the property. Since you neglected to answer the question regarding your state, you're on your own as to whether you can sue in small claims or not. Small claims normally does not require a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">