• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dougtolliver

I am in Texas. On November 5th 2009 I was involved in an accident with a pickup truck that attempted to turn through an intersection without having a protected left arrow. The woman who owned the truck had no insurance. She had let her insurance lapse then attempted to make a payment after the accident. My motorcycle had 400 miles on it and was totaled. I still owe $2200 on it. I also had a uniform destroyed at a cost of about $80 and a pair of boots at about $100. I was also injured and still have some pain in my knees. One lawyer I talked to said the case wasn't worth it for me or him. I don't want to try and get rich off of the lady or anything. Can I pursue the matter in civil court and gain some relief from the motorcycle payments?

ecmst12

You are entitled to the value of the motorcycle, plus medical costs and pain & suffering. Did YOU have insurance? Since you had a loan, you should have had collision coverage, and uninsured motorist coverage would pay for your injuries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">