• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

managment co audit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeanmarie

massachusetts

Hi, I live and own a townhouse. There are 23 units in total. Can you please tell me under Massachusetts State Law if a management co is responsible for having the books audited? I asked the managment co, at a meeting about having the books audited and his response was they don't need to be. He said the If we agree to have this done as owners that we would have to pay for the accountant's fee. I was told from other people who own condos in the state of Massachusetts that this is the responsibility of the management co to provide to the owner and we do not pay for the audit that the management co pays for this service. We should also receive a copy of the accountants results. I raised this at last years meeting and we have an other annual meeting next week. Please let me know if you need anyother information. Please advise. Thanking you in advance.

Last edited:

jeanmarie

Hi, I live and own a townhouse. There are 23 units in total. Can you please tell me under Massachusetts State Law if a management co is responsible for having the books audited? I asked the owner at a meeting about having the books audited and his response was they don't need to be. If we agree to have this done as owners that we would have to pay for the accountant's fee. I was told from other people who own condos in the state of Massachusetts that this is the responsibility of the management co to provide to the owner and we do not pay for the audit that the management co pays for this service. We should also receive a copy of the accountants results. I raised this at last years meeting and we have an other annual meeting next week. Please advise. thanking you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">