• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with out of control neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jboy79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

My girlfriend and I have been living in our apartment for a little more than a year. Throughout this time, our upstairs neighbor has accused us of breaking into her apartment to change the settings on her freezer, as well as to smoke cigarettes in her bedroom. She has made the accusations not only to our landlord, but to the police as well. The local police responded to a call that she made. There were no signs of entry and when they dismissed her claims, she became quite belligerent with them. She asserted that my girlfriend and I have been hired by "local goons" to drive her out. She is obviously suffering from some sort of delusional disorder. The situation has now escalated to include my place of work as well. She filed a formal complaint against me to my superiors that I was tampering with her finances (I work for a very large international bank of which she is coincidentally a client). She has come into my workplace on two occasions and created a scene both times. My direct supervisors are 100% in my corner, however she has gone over their heads and made numerous accusations not only about my conduct in the actual bank, but personal accusations about my character as well. What are my rights in this situation? As I said before, there is little doubt she is suffering from some sort of mental disorder. This has gone beyond an annoyance and now has the chance to affect my employment. Is there a way to forcer her to cease these baseless accusations. Any advice would be most welcome and appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">