• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

7-Life For a Kidnapping Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cvillegas

My uncle was sentenced to 7-life for a kidnapping case, In this act there was no one injured, no weapons were used, no sexual harrasment, nore act of violence towards the victim. My uncle has been under custody 16 years now, we think this was an unfair judgment. I was wanting some advised on where to start, we are wanting to appeal the case. If i could please get response from someone that could advise me where to start and how to get a lawyer that would be interested in this case.

xylene

My uncle was sentenced to 7-life for a kidnapping case, In this act there was no one injured, no weapons were used, no sexual harrasment, nore act of violence towards the victim. My uncle has been under custody 16 years now, we think this was an unfair judgment. I was wanting some advised on where to start, we are wanting to appeal the case. If i could please get response from someone that could advise me where to start and how to get a lawyer that would be interested in this case.
What is the basis of this appeal?

An appeal is when you seek to overturn a verdict.
Why should the verdict be set aside?

Kidnapping is inherently a serious violent crime.

CdwJava

The time for an appeal has LOOOOONG since elapsed if he has been in custody (convicted) for 16 years.

Unless you have new evidence to show that he is not guilty of the offense, his best bet now is likely to be a model inmate so that he can present a good image to the parole board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">