• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need quick help spousal petition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gfro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca. My husband died 10 months ago without a will. His name was the only one on the title although it was purchased with our monies and considered by us as community property. I have filed the spousal petition. I made many mistakes and omissions. I thought I had a grip on it now but when talking to the judge's secretary , she sounded doubtful about needing attach. 7b too ( description and confirmation of my half of community property). I said if I am saying this is community property, don't I need this too? She said she could not tell me this. Do I need 7b? And if not, what would 7a say ? - right now it describes husband's " 1/2 interest in the following community property" . Would it describe husband 's "full interest" in community property? Hope someone sees this familiar with such a problem.....thanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tecate

Sounds like you need both. 7b would be your undivided one-half interest in the property.

Neither of you have a full interest if the property is community.

gfro

Thanks...I thought so too. The secretary can not give legal advice of course but she sounded so doubtful about needing that attachment it worried me. Does it sound like there's a step I am missing? I mean, can I assert this is community property on a spousal petition without some kind of preliminary decision?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">