• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repo Law and rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Concernedalot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California and Arizona.

Can I be arrested by a collection agency over a vehicle that I don't have in my possession? I didn't sell it and I know who has it but I don't know exactly where they are. They are not hiding the vehicle for me either.

JETX

Can I be arrested by a collection agency over a vehicle that I don't have in my possession?
Simple answer... no.
Complex answer... If they have a judgment against you and a court orders you to provide the vehicle or its location and you refuse, you COULD be jailed for contempt of court until you comply with the court order.

CdwJava

Why not just give them the car and be done with it? Ore do you enjoy being hounded by creditors and having your credit rating drug through the mud?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">