• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

federal-indian check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKs785

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

So my g/f had this check she found. It was an indian check. For maybe $1,300. She was going to throw it away untill her brother saw it and kept telling her she needed to cash it. Just kept antaganizing(sp?) her to cash it. So she caved in and cash the check. They got her on camera cashing it. Now her brother turned her in so he. He turned her in cause he made a bargain with the cops so his sentence could be lighter or something.

My girlfriend is pregnant with twins an bout to pop in 3 months. She has written checks before an got caught when she was 13, but they were her mothers checks. I just want to help my girlfriend out somehow. I cant lose her or my baby boys. I need to know what her chances might be coming out of this.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

So my g/f had this check she found. It was an indian check. For maybe $1,300. She was going to throw it away untill her brother saw it and kept telling her she needed to cash it. Just kept antaganizing(sp?) her to cash it. So she caved in and cash the check. They got her on camera cashing it. Now her brother turned her in so he. He turned her in cause he made a bargain with the cops so his sentence could be lighter or something.

My girlfriend is pregnant with twins an bout to pop in 3 months. She has written checks before an got caught when she was 13, but they were her mothers checks. I just want to help my girlfriend out somehow. I cant lose her or my baby boys. I need to know what her chances might be coming out of this.
Really, this has been a *most* interesting day here on FA.

Antigone*

Look, whether we find the crystal ball or not, you aren't going to be able to help her from this message board.

She needs to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. :cool:

TKs785

The FA crystal ball is missing. What has she been charged with?

And the babies-to-be are a whole other issue
the charges are cashing an indian check in another girls name, she used a fake id to cash it. and also cashed 9 other personal checks in other peoples names.
The babies-to-be could that possibly help her get a lesser sentence?

Proserpina

the charges are cashing an indian check in another girls name, she used a fake id to cash it. and also cashed 9 other personal checks in other peoples names.

Honestly, your girlfriend will be extremely lucky if she's not doing serious time for this.

She NEEDS an attorney.

Antigone*

She is already on probation for this same offense. Really your girlfriend is in a lot of trouble. I'm sure she didn't need a whole lot of coersion from her brother if this time she cashed 10 checks total.

How is it that people "find" checks...:rolleyes:

TKs785

Honestly, your girlfriend will be extremely lucky if she's not doing serious time for this.

She NEEDS an attorney.
The attorney said to not turn herself in because her brother is behind all this. An she has a meeting with him tomorrow morning

She is already on probation for this same offense. Really your girlfriend is in a lot of trouble. I'm sure she didn't need a whole lot of coersion from her brother if this time she cashed 10 checks total.

How is it that people "find" checks...:rolleyes:

She isn't on probation

Nope. She can be a felon in prison and still give birth.

Raising them is a whole 'nother matter.
I have a ? bout the babies an rights but i'll make a new thread. cause legally they aren't mine

Antigone*

She isn't on probation
I have a girlfriend who is 17. She will be 18 in december. She is currently on probation. She used to live with me. Had a job was paying bills. Her step mother made her move back in with her. Her step mother is stealing her child support. Has been stealing it since my girlfriend was 13. My girlfriends father is on disabilty which means my girlfriend should get a check for $900 because of his disabilty. My girlfriends grandfather has been keeping that check.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/child-support-emancipation-big-mess-471921.html

Really:confused: I guess some things have changed since June and some haven't:rolleyes:

Antigone*

Now, now...

It is not nice being a potty mouth. You might as well look for your advice elsewhere.

It is oh so sad that two more children are being brought into this world with parents whose behaviour is worst than a child's.

Hopefully they are lucky enough to have foster parents who will teach them to be honorable members of society.

buh-bye:rolleyes:

Proserpina

What he doesn't understand is...

..well, I was going to actually try to help.

But as potty mouth can't even manage to control his typing (let alone anything else), I shan't bother.

Yes, OP, your girlfriend's children SHOULD be taken, and placed with someone responsible. That would NOT be you.

Did I spell that out clearly enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">