• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

birth controm perscription

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

glidewellgirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA , My question is it legal to give my birth control perscription to my 16 yr. old neighbor?

CdwJava

It can be charged as a misdemeanor under the Health and Safety Code per H&S 11154.

Other charges might apply if you are circumventing another parent's control or custody of their child.

This can lead to no end of criminal and civil problems. Do not do it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA , My question is it legal to give my birth control perscription to my 16 yr. old neighbor?
Why don't you advise the child to speak to her doctor or a local women's health/free clinic? It's totally confidential.

ecmst12

Planned Parenthood can help the kid out if she can't talk to her parents, they can make sure she is healthy and educate her about STDs etc too. For minors they are free as far as I know, and charge on a sliding scale for adults.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">