• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help StepDad cheating us out of Inheritance!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

williamsgirl

In Texas... My Mother passed away in 2000, without a will. Step father tricked me into signing deed over to him when i was 19, 2003(I am the only stepchild) there are five total kids. I have a 20 yr old brother who Is entitled to his share, (as we close on house on jan 29th) step dad guilted him into giving him his share. I have 3 younger bro and sis who are 17, 14 and 14. Stepdad is in process of finding lawyer so he can get there share also. I dont remember signing deed but he has copy, fortunatly title company wont except copy, so im safe. He says he's sueing me if i get my share, even tho i dont remember signing anything. He is horrible father, he doesnt even take care of my younger siblings and wants the money to buy a double decker trailer for his new girlfriend. I am 27have seizures and angioma in brain need money for medicine. Is there anything i can do to fight this if he finds original copy, since it was so long ago, and never filed? and what can i do to help my younger siblings so he cant get there money? no one can speak for them besides me, and maybe some other family. cps is even involved with them. please help!!!! I dont have money for lawyer.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">