• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long until money needs to be distribued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goosegrease

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi. My father passed away Feb. 07 and the will was probated June or July of 07. Is there a timeline for which the execturix has to work within? I know I can petition the court to demand an accounting and ask for distribution of funds, according to Texas Probate Code Section 149A and 149B. Before I take that step, I was wondering if she has a deadline. We are going on 3 years since he's passed away. All assets were sold before my father passed away. It was his house and he was in a nursing home.

The only complication, which she said she is letting me do is getting the oil and gas properties that were out of state changed over to my name.
She already tried to tell me these properties were not covered by the will because they are out of state and that she was going to proceed with dividing them up between sibblings. (3 of us). But the will states they go to me. She has dragged this on forever. She said last Feb. she would have it closed out by the end of year. Now her personal assistant is saying she can distribute my inheritance to me after she gets the royalty earning oil propterties in my name.

I'm wondering why she can't give me my money now rather then after she gets the name transfered.

How long does it take to petition a court to ask them to distribute my money and do I have to retain an attorney to do that? I guess I do, I'm out of state now.
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">