• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Death Filing By Administrator UPL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peggygirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia. How does an Administrator file a wrongful death suit pro see w/o committing UPL? If the style is "Administrator, as Administrator of the estate of deceased v. Defendant and the pecuniary damages list the damages of the heirs, is that UPL? I understand that the estate is it's own entity and that if there were counsel available, which there is not, they would represent the Administrator and not the estate or the heirs. I understand that the Administrator can only represent themself...but are the pecuniary damages part of the estate or do they belong soley to the heir? Does that listing of damages take it into UPL? Does the lack of listing of that itme of damages cheat the estate or heir? Is that style accurate for avoidance of UPL? At what point does it step into UPL? Who is the Administrator representing? The deceased? A collection of goods? I am aware the estate can not sue so it appears the Administrator is representing a collection of goods from the deceased with all the rights of the deceased but it seems to teeter into the rights of the heirs...how do I differentiate? Thank you.

Dandy Don

UPL has so many definitions--what are YOU saying that UPL means? However the case is titled, the check is going to go into the estate so that it can be legally distributed amongst all valid heirs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">