• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

indecent exposure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fallenangel74

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nc my fiance was taken to jail a few days ago on indecent exposure charges. my neighbors have put a camera outside their house and monitored everything we do. well we have one bathroom in our and it was late in the evening and some one was occupying the bathroom and he had to go pee. so he went outside and used the bathroom in our yard behind a tree. well our neighbors came outside screaming at him haha we got you now. they then announced that they had video taped him urinating outside. isn't those cameras being there an invasion of our privacy. and is it possible for my fiance to get charged with indecent exposure?:confused:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nc my fiance was taken to jail a few days ago on indecent exposure charges. my neighbors have put a camera outside their house and monitored everything we do. well we have one bathroom in our and it was late in the evening and some one was occupying the bathroom and he had to go pee. so he went outside and used the bathroom in our yard behind a tree. well our neighbors came outside screaming at him haha we got you now. they then announced that they had video taped him urinating outside. isn't those cameras being there an invasion of our privacy. and is it possible for my fiance to get charged with indecent exposure?:confused:
Yes it is possible for him to get convicted on indecent exposure. he went OUTSIDE. The camera is monitoring OUTSIDE which is not considered private but rather public. he should have peed INSIDE in a bucket or something if he was that desperate. Going outside where it is public and able to be seen by people in their homes is NOT acceptable and not legal. In fact if a child had seen it he could be nailed for more serious charges.

justalayman

a couple comments:

you can be charged with indecent exposure in many states even if you are inside your home if you can be viewed in an indecent exposure from a legal vantage point outside your house.

did the neighbors actually see any body parts. While it is actually illegal to urinate outdoors in some areas, I would suspect even if this is chargeable in your area it would be a lesser charge. So, if they did not actually see a body part, there was no indecent exposure.

and lastly, based on this statement:

. so he went outside and used the bathroom in our yard behind a tree.
I hope you were not inferring you actually have a bathroom in the yard but merely meant to state he urinated in the yard. If you are going to have a bathroom in your yard, I suggest you put up walls, roof, and a door with a little moon cut-out like they did in years past.

CourtClerk

I am really interested in knowing what kind of woman dates a man who finds it acceptable to urinate outside behind a tree????

Of all the low class behavior. I'm embarrassed for you that you can admit that you date, and probably sleep with this dude. :eek:

justalayman

I am really interested in knowing what kind of woman dates a man who finds it acceptable to urinate outside behind a tree????

Of all the low class behavior. I'm embarrassed for you that you can admit that you date, and probably sleep with this dude. :eek:
people have peed outside for millenia. I don't see it as a problem in itself. Have you never camped? Never been in a situation where there was such an urgency that is was necessary?

I find it more odd that he could not control himself for a few minutes to wait for the toilet inside to be freed up although maybe he has a medical problem that would cause the need to urinate urgently.

and isn't it better behind the tree than in front, at least from the observers perspective.

actually, if the neighbors have taken to video recording these folks, I suspect there is more to the story and this one incident may be representative of other activities that the neighbors have a problem with.

CourtClerk

Have you never camped?
Nope. My dad tried taking me camping once as a little girl and I whined the whole night because he expected me to sleep in a tent on the ground. He let me sleep in the car and took me home the very next morning. Roughing it to me is staying overnight at a budget motel.:eek:
Never been in a situation where there was such an urgency that is was necessary?
Never - and between the 2 boys I've had, I've never allowed one of them to urinate outdoors. I guess my kids just have a thing for restrooms.

I find it more odd that he could not control himself for a few minutes to wait for the toilet inside to be freed up although maybe he has a medical problem that would cause the need to urinate urgently.
Is a neighbor's house not available???? Surely, there was more than just this one.
and isn't it better behind the tree than in front, at least from the observers perspective.
I suppose you're right.

actually, if the neighbors have taken to video recording these folks, I suspect there is more to the story and this one incident may be representative of other activities that the neighbors have a problem with.
I absolutely agree with you on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">