• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared Parking spot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hectorba

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I recently moved into a house, where I am renting the upstairs from a friend. We have a single car driveway, as does the neighbor next to us. The area between our driveways is also paved, connecting the two driveways. The property line runs down the middle of this middle area. The house next door is currently empty and up for sale, and I have been parking in this area between our driveways. When someone does move in, who has the right to park in this area?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I recently moved into a house, where I am renting the upstairs from a friend. We have a single car driveway, as does the neighbor next to us. The area between our driveways is also paved, connecting the two driveways. The property line runs down the middle of this middle area. The house next door is currently empty and up for sale, and I have been parking in this area between our driveways. When someone does move in, who has the right to park in this area?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Unless there is an easement or other agreement, whoever parks there is trespassing.

justalayman

The property line runs down the middle of this middle area. ?
You would be allowed to park on your side of the line and the neighbors would have the right to park on their side of the line. I find this such an odd question where you might actually be of the mind that you have any rights to park on a neighboring property without permission. Just amazing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">