• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Road

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grizz516

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I live on a private road with about 12 homes on it, my question is this, everyone on this road is supposed keep up the road from their end of the drive way on to the next drive. Well, they dont. There are only 3 families that keep putting gravel etc. on this road. But, they all get to use it. What I am wanting to know is, if there is anything legal we can do to make them have to pay in on keeping this road up. They had to sign a paper when they bought their homes saying they would keep up the road from their drive to the next homes drive. No one has ever offered to pay anything to help keep the road up. We are tired of them being allowed to drive on the road we are paying to keep up and they dont have to pay a thing. Is there anything we can do??

FarmerJ

I think your best shot is to have a atty review the documents that spelled out what each property owner was to do . Reason being is that if it really is worded that poorly I suspect that the three of you will have to have proof of the roads condition and be able to afford to sue the others. BTW even if the township / city/ county had to be paid to do it I wonder if you could get someone from there to provide a detailed report of the private roads condition to offer to the atty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">