• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debo3301

[

I][/I]
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I Have lived in the same house with my parents for the laet 20 years. During the last 3 1/2 years, they were ill and I was there only caretaker, even thouh there are 5 other chidren

Before my father died he tols me that the house would be mine for ever. Since I was the only one that wanted it.

But in the will, it was to be sold and divided 6 ways unless some wanted to buy it from the other 5. We have strated this, but isn't there any law I have behind mre because of the lebgth of time I have lived here, and the fact that I took care of them.

Had I not done so, they would hve had to put them in a home.I could have charged them too, but I didn't!

ShyCat

No. You did not gain a greater claim to the house by residing there for 20 years or assisting your parents for the last 3.5 years. You can't simply disinherit your siblings based on a verbal statement that contradicts the written will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">