• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

washer and dryer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skiier

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I allowed a employee of mine to use my washer and dryer. He decided to go to a rent to own place a get new ones. He then took my washer and dryer to a building on the property where we work. December 23rd 2009 I was let go and told I was not allowed on property. After several phone calls and e-mails my washer and dryer have not been returned. I want to know what my legal rights are. I want to charge them $100.00 a day for not allowing anyone or my past employee to return my property. What are my rights?

FarmerJ

Person works for you ? Then you wrote >He then took my washer and dryer to a building on the property where we work< Is this site where you work owned by a third party ? If it is send the person you loaned the machines to a demand in writting via confirmed mail delivery since they got there own now you want your property returned to you made available to you in 5 business days, sent via confirmed mail delivery , keep your reciept with your copy of the demand and if they ignore it sue them in small claims for the used value of the machines. They can explain to the court what part of the demand they did not understand.

justalayman

No, cannot charge them any daily fee.

Contact the police and ask them if they will assist you in claiming your property. Obviously they are not putting on coveralls but if time allows, they should be amenable to contacting the buildings owner and suggesting he allow you to retrieve your property and hopefully even doing a stand by while you do it.

One thing you have not addressed and may be very important:

why are you or your employee not allowed onto the property and why were all of you fired by the owner? Doe the guy state why he will not allow anybody to take the washer and dryer?

justalayman

so, from the PM (tried to respond but you have PM's off apparently)

you cannot charge them a fee, period.

The threat is absolutely a justifiable reason to ban you.

Employment at will, not right to work is what you intend, I believe.

contact the GM. No response?, follow direction in last post about the police. If they will not assist, send demand letter. Still not settled? sue for the value of the appliances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">