• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment recieved after finding new job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rockNpapaw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was unemployed for about 14 months, and was way behind on everything. I was just trying to keep a roof over my four children and my wife's head. I was the sole income earner, and I continued to accept unemployment after I found work. They say 4000.00 worth, I don't know if the amount is correct, but I don't deny continuing to receive unemployment after finding work. I thought I paid the unemployment in all the years I worked and never claimed any before. I just received a notice to appear in court. I went to find out why because I haven't been in trouble, and I was told it is for this. I was let go again with about 10 others last year just before Christmas and have not found work. Am I up the creek?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The OP didn't bother telling the gov't that he had found a new job and they continued to send UI payments to him. Now he's gotta go to court over it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The OP also mistakenly believes that HE paid into the UI system, whereas the truth is that he did not contribute one dime into it and every cent that was paid on his behalf, was paid by his employers.

swalsh411

So you continued to certify for many weeks that you were out of work while the truth was that you were working and now you are curious about the pickle you have gotten yourself into in regards to unemployment fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">