• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Works Comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kgab1155

Workers Comp. denies to pay for surgery

Worker Comp. has denied the surgery my physician says is necessary to correct my on the job injury. My health insurance, HMO Blue, refuses to pay for the surgery, saying its up to Workers Comp. to pay since I was hurt on the job. At the sametime, Workers Comp. feels I can return to work, my doctor says NO!!! What options do I have to get the necessary surgery paid by either of the two parties?

I

injured back

workmans comp can not send you to work. only your doctor has the authority to do so. if your doctor sees that you can go back to work with restrictions, the limits are usually fair as to not make it painful, if your company cant comply with the restrictions and give you something to do, even if its as mundane as moving a piece of paper from one side of the table to the other, you must go back to work. since the insurance co. for workmans comp is making it difficult, you may want to consult a workmans comp. attorney. good luck....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">