• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Female teachers monitoring Boy's restroom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

docpeters

my 7 year old step son has made the comment to wife that the reason he goes into the bathroom when his sister are in there is because his female teacher goes in when he and the other boys are using the restroom, he said this when my wife asked what he was doing in the bathroom when his sisters where using it. He stated well its okay because my teacher does it when he is in the restroom at school. My question is could we bring criminal charges against the teacher or should we go for civil charges.
Thank You
Mike Peters
Arkansas

Isis1

my 7 year old step son has made the comment to wife that the reason he goes into the bathroom when his sister are in there is because his female teacher goes in when he and the other boys are using the restroom, he said this when my wife asked what he was doing in the bathroom when his sisters where using it. He stated well its okay because my teacher does it when he is in the restroom at school. My question is could we bring criminal charges against the teacher or should we go for civil charges.
Thank You
Mike Peters
Arkansas
have you talked to the school officials about this policy? it is quite possible the child may be miswording something.

cyjeff

Thank You
Mike Peters
Arkansas
Wow.

Put down those legal six shooters, pardner.

Have you contacted the teacher and/or the principal yet?

Banned_Princess

Thank You
Mike Peters
Arkansas
Well, how about you don't even know if it is true.

Maybe there aren't enough male teachers to sit in the restroom.

Maybe no one goes into the restroom, have you even inquired with the school??

your a jerk for your question being "where should we sue"

What makes you think something criminal is going on, and what kind of ACTUAL MONETARY LOSS have you suffered to bring a civil suit??

cyjeff

I'm just confused as to what kind of criminal act the teacher has committed.

:confused:
Not only is my wife a teacher, but my mother in law is the former superintendent of schools (after being a principal and a teacher) and my brother in law is also a teacher.

Having said that, I give you this scenario.

my brother in law teaches second grade (yup, a huge bear of a man... the kids love him). Anyway, what would your reaction be if he started standing in the girls bathroom as they relieved themselves?

Proserpina

Not only is my wife a teacher, but my mother in law is the former superintendent of schools (after being a principal and a teacher) and my brother in law is also a teacher.

Having said that, I give you this scenario.

my brother in law teaches second grade (yup, a huge bear of a man... the kids love him). Anyway, what would your reaction be if he started standing in the girls bathroom as they relieved themselves?

But...well..that's exactly what DID happen when I was in junior school. Now granted, we had stalls - not urinals.

I can see the "icky" factor, absolutely (even though I'm weird, and European, and that isn't so unusual in Europe). But CRIMINAL charges?

For what?

cyjeff

But...well..that's exactly what DID happen when I was in junior school. Now granted, we had stalls - not urinals.

I can see the "icky" factor, absolutely (even though I'm weird, and European, and that isn't so unusual in Europe). But CRIMINAL charges?

For what?
I didn't say criminal charges were warranted... See previous "put down the legal six-shooters" comment.

I did say that there is a certain amount of doubt as to propriety here that should be discussed with the appropriate school officials.

I told my story because what is "awww shucks" for a female teacher is creepy and wrong for a male one.

I will say that my BIL is always sad at the end of the year because the kids want to hug him goodbye and he cannot allow it. Female teachers, however, can have a kid in their lap at story time and everything is fine.

Proserpina

I didn't say criminal charges were warranted... See previous "put down the legal six-shooters" comment.

I did say that there is a certain amount of doubt as to propriety here that should be discussed with the appropriate school officials.

I told my story because what is "awww shucks" for a female teacher is creepy and wrong for a male one.

I will say that my BIL is always sad at the end of the year because the kids want to hug him goodbye and he cannot allow it. Female teachers, however, can have a kid in their lap at story time and everything is fine.

Fair enough. You do raise a good point actually - there is quite a blatant and obvious sexism at play.

Common sense is not that common. For a legal opinion on this specific situation, see an attorney who will research the law on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

las365

In my city, a seven year old boy died in a school bathroom a couple of years ago, probably due to a bullying incident (though the school claims it was an accident). Had a teacher - male or female - been supervising in the restroom, that child would not have died.

Supervising little kids is always a good idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">