• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with Felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nasha23

North Carolina....my husband as of last night was charged with a Class H felony...he is accused of taking a 20 ounce package of chicken from his employer (which is a chicken production plant)...on the statement of the charge..it states I, undersigned, find that there is probable cause to believe that on or about the date of offense shown the defendant unlawfully, willfully, and feloniously did being an employee of (company name), go away with, embezzle, and covert to the defendant's own use 20 oz pack of chicken wings, which had been delivered to be kept for his employer's use, with the intent to steal and to defraud the defendant's employer...the offense code is [I 2334] and the offense in violation of G.S. is [I 14-74] Larceny by employee...the charge of felony in this case I do not understand...How can a 2 ounce pack of chicken be considered a felony at such low worth? The charges don't seem to be very sturdy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">