• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Release tenant information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onetni101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Is it legal to release tenant information to police detective?

What can I do when someone call me and claim they are police detective and doing investigate identity theft and ask me to release my tenant address and lease document?

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Is it legal to release tenant information to police detective?
Absolutely, it is legal to release any information to a police officer, or detective, as long as the information is not medically or legally suppressed.

And furthermore, it would not be wise to not do so.

What can I do when someone call me and claim they are police detective and doing investigate identity theft and ask me to release my tenant address and lease document?
You can ask to see their credentials and ask that it be exchanged in the police station the detective works in.

You can verify with the police station the name of the detective, and the fax number you are asked to use.

Its really easy to make sure you are in fact dealing with the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">